Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
mealstrom
Herf Meister

Smoking in Wisconsin

I found 2 places to smoke last night that I have to enter into the Where to Smoke database. I still want to check out Maduros that I found in the database.

The first place we went was Lake Country Cigars. It's a really nice, relaxing place. They have a very good selection of cigars, and a lot of high-end stuff that is nice to try out. Really good selection there. The staff was really cool and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Leather chairs in front of the big screen TV, high-top tables, etc. They have a small bar that serves only soda and bottled beer. I was hoping for liquor, but it seems a lot of cigar bars around here aren't able to serve it. They close at 8 most nights, and as early as 4 and 5 on Friday and Saturday. Still overall it was a great place to sit and hang out.

The we went to Prime Cigar, which was an extreme let-down. First, they have a huge posted sign that says you can't bring in your own tobacco. That turned me off initially since it makes me think that they're all about the money and not the environment. I usually bring cigars with me when I go to B&Ms, but I always make a point to buy something. I had brought some really nice ISOMs with me to smoke with my BIL on my vacation, and that was our first chance to sit and smoke together. I couldn't even bring them into the store.

Then we walked into the humidor and the girl working there came in and immediately kicked out Tiara, her friend, and Tiara's sister. She said that they are only allowed to have 2 people in the humidor at a time, and that they have to be supervised. So she stood there the whole time just watching us. Very annoying. I also noticed that they had 3 Java boxes out, but they were filled with Isla del Sols. So I asked "Hey, where are your Javas at?" She pointed to the Isla del Sols and said "Right there!" I told her that these were NOT Java, and didn't taste anything like it. She said that the owner said to put them into the Java box because they taste exactly the same. I was shocked! So I said "I get it; People come in asking if you have the hard-to-find Java cigar, and you point them to these and say 'yeah, that's Java'. Pretty smart." She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. I asked her if my wife could come into the humidor with us so she could pick something out. She said "Sorry, that's against the rules." What a weird experience! We stayed there just because they were open until 1, so that gave us a place to relax when the other place closed. I wouldn't be going back there though. They had a moderate selection and a very small drink selection. Again, no liquor.