Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
moob
Herf Meister

What's new that you are listening to...

lately - last couple of months maybe...

U2 No Line on the Horizon - for some reason this record resonated with me. I liked it a great deal. Probably the best record since Achtung baby. the music video was only OK. It really fell apart when the guy eats the salad (Actor: ok so what am I doing in this scene? Director - a beautiful girl will serve you a sald. You will eat it. A: I'm gonna eat a salad? D: Yeah, that's right. A: what about the girl? D: she represents the social interaction, the human touch that you left behind you when you set your motorcycle on fire. Ignore her. A: so just eat the salad? D: Yes. Just eat the salad. But spit out the olive pits.).

Flogging Molly - hyperactive irish folk with edgy political lyrics. I've listened to float 6 or so times and my wife just gave me 2 more cds over the weekend. this is a fine band.

David Bowie - 2 early records - Honky Dory and Ziggy Stardust. found them used and have been playing them over and over in the car.

Amadou and Maria - a duo from Mali. He's a fine guitar player and many of the tunes have a great layered rhythm/beat. Its different.