Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Starbucks Via Ready Brew

As everyone knows, Starbucks announced its going to release its new Starbucks Via Ready Brew (instant coffee). Has anyone had the opportunity to try some yet?

Right now Seattle, Central Illinois, and Chicago are the test markets for the product (as well as over seas----not sure where though). I know the company is offering up free samples of the product on their website, so I was wondering if anyone received theirs yet?

Last Friday I had a meeting with my store manager and co-workers and we were given the opportunity to try the Italian Roast version of the Via Ready Brew. I have to say, I was extremely suprised by the taste. I've had other instant coffees before (shhh) when I lived in the dorms, and those were okay, but not good. Basically if I could sum up my experience without being all "YAY STARBUCKS", it has the flavor of Starbucks roast, without much of the aftertaste. The bold flavor of the Italian Roast isn't as pronounced as it is when it is brewed, but its still enjoyable.

Hopefully you guys will receive samples soon, and if you don't..I can see if I can get my hands on a few for you.

Oh, and I have to say....nothing beats brewed coffee.
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote