Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #21
jaxstraww
Club Member

I set up a site www.herfnetwork.com for all the boards to add their events. Hoping to have a central area for events that isn't board specific. Still a work in progress (I want to improve/add the search functions) but you can get to the information pointing and clicking.
jaxstraww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
Leopolis Semper Fidelis
Starting Member

Definition of "Herf"

Not understanding some aspects of the American language, and being new to the Forum, could someone enlighten me as to what 'herf' actually means?
Leopolis Semper Fidelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:36 AM   #23
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Re: Definition of "Herf"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopolis Semper Fidelis
Not understanding some aspects of the American language, and being new to the Forum, could someone enlighten me as to what 'herf' actually means?
Link: Definition of Herf

Also, to CW!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #24
Leopolis Semper Fidelis
Starting Member

Definition of "Herf"

It appears that the meaning has developed quite considerably since the original definition (drawing on a cigar). Now it's (almost) restricted to cigar-related gatherings and events. Maybe someone can come up with yet another meaning!

Thanks for the welcome
Leopolis Semper Fidelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:31 AM   #25
Broken

While I diligently try to not offend people and try to follow the protocol of being a noob, is it OK to ask to be invited to a Herf that is local to where I am at or are they fairly private gatherings?

Being new here I can understand/expect that the trust level would be non-existent so I understand if the answer is no.

I just want to be clear if it is OK to ask.

Thanks
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #26
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
While I diligently try to not offend people and try to follow the protocol of being a noob, is it OK to ask to be invited to a Herf that is local to where I am at or are they fairly private gatherings?

Being new here I can understand/expect that the trust level would be non-existent so I understand if the answer is no.

I just want to be clear if it is OK to ask.

Thanks
Hi Mark. Welcome to CW!

If you read the herf announcements below, you'll find that most of them are open invitations for anyone who cares to join in the fun. Hence, asking for an invite isn't really required. In fact, they're social gatherings and GREAT ways to get to meet new people who share this obsession of ours.

I salute your discretion, and I can't think it would be inappropriate to ask the herf host if it's OK for a new guy to join in. I suspect I know what the answer will be.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #27
Broken

I'm glad it was you that replied MD, I wanted to ask you about your signature for some time now.

It would appear to the untrained eye that the people you have listed in your signature have unsernames next to them that I am guessing are from the forum here and then you have a reference to the VT killings.

Were those members of the forum here that were involved, tragically, in the VT incident?

I am just curious.

Thanks for the answer to my question above as well.
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #28
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

PM sent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
SkullSucker
CW Owner Emeritus, Just some guy...
Herf Meister

Use of Images in Posts - Rules and Policy

1. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages or the content of pages and/or images you link to in your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the members of this message board, Cigar Weekly and their agents with respect to any claim based upon viewing of this board and/or transmission of your message(s).
  2. 2. If you choose to use images within your post you are responsible for any and all possible legal action as it is your name that is associated with the use of the image and not Cigar Weekly. Please know and understand Copyright and Trademark laws as they apply to the use of images.
  3. The use of images is a privilege not a right and it can be removed on a individual basis if it is abused so use this right with proper discretion.
  4. All images should be "Safe For Work". Any deemed inappropriate by the Moderators or Administrators will be removed with or without notice.
  5. When linking to an image that is hosted on another server, you may use the IMG tag to link to a remotely hosted image. Please do this sparingly. Many users have broadband access where downloading images is not a concern but some only have 56k or slower internet access. Limit linked images to no more than 650 pixels wide in consideration for those with less than optimal connections.
  6. Please only link to images that on a server that is capable of consistent delivery of the image and is not likely to be moved or removed without your knowledge. If the connection is not sufficient and affects the delivery of the CW web page it will be removed.
  7. No Hot Linking as defined here http://altlab.com/hotlinking.html
We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party.

Last edited by SkullSucker; 12-09-2008 at 07:17 PM.
SkullSucker is offline   Reply With Quote