Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Micallef Leyenda No. 1

This is a beautiful pyramid packaged in a pyramid shaped box. Nice firm roll and aromas of dark chocolate. Good draw from the tapered head.

Initial flavors after purging the butane are mostly medium tobacco and nutty flavors. This is a mild to medium bodied cigar, and the flavors so far are medium.

The ash is firm and light grey while the burn is very straight. Flavors of gingerbread are emerging just past the first inch. There is a bit of tongue bite, so I am trimming off another 1/8". This opened up the draw considerably and got rid of the bite.

The constricted draw had begun to make the burn uneven, but a quick touch up fixed that nicely. A sip of Topo Chico and a light breeze make the 87 degree evening pleasant as well.

At 1/3, some nice fruity flavors sneak into the background and linger for a bit before disappearing. The cigar is settling into a medium flavored mix of well aged tobacco and leather notes. The burn ran a bit more at about half way but was easily touched up.

The body and flavors remain a consistent medium, but there is enough nicotine to make me slow down. The retrohale is very smooth with only a hint of pepper. The cigar is a joint effort of the Micallef family and the Gomez-Sanchez family, who used to roll for Fidel Castro.

The ash remains firm enough to where I am knocking it off at about an inch and a half to avoid getting it in my lap. Aside from the two touch ups, it's very well constructed.

Approaching 2/3, the pepper notes in the retrohale are picking up some, adding to the flavor and complexity. It's a white pepper flavor that doesn't overwhelm the other flavors of the cigar. The finish is quite clean.

The gingerbread notes have come back and are blending well with the leather and tobacco flavors. The complexity is very pleasant and makes for a very smooth smoke.

Approaching the end, it remains cool and pleasant. It only gets warm as it passes to the taper, but light purging allows me to smoke the cigar until it gets too warm to hold. A very complex and pleasant smoke, it earns 7.5/10. Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote