Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
archmage

La Luna Maduro Fuerte Colada F

Lately I've been smoking a lot of small cigars, mainly RGPE's and KDT's. Tonight I found myself again looking for a short smoke, and a LLMF Colada F that was gifted to me by a CW brother some time ago caught my eye. Thought it could be nice change of pace. The cigar was marked with "Nov -01".

It was a small (4" x 44) boxpressed cigar, with dark maduro wrapper, quite nice to look at. I cut it and tested the draw, which had almost no resistance at all. Too loose in my opinion, I like to have a bit of resistance in the draw, but better too loose than too tight.

After I lit it, it started with some burnt flavor that I've come to associate with many maduros. I haven't smoked any maduros in long time, so it felt nice to have something different. It also had flavors like coffee and cedar, and some nice spice. It produced clouds of smoke, and burned perfectly. Nearing end, it also produced a slightly nutty flavor, and once I caught a bit of tar too, but luckily it was gone by the time I took another draw. What surprised me, was that it packed quite a nice punch too, I'd say medium-full body. And even though being small in size, it gave me almost half an hour of smoking pleasure.

In conclusion, quite an enjoyable cigar, which I wouldn't mind having more around for a change of pace short smoke. Put to rating, I'll give it ***½ out of 5.