Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
The JD
Herf Meister

Wine Tasting help

I'm throwing a casual wine tasting for a group of my friends because we've all expressed an interest in wine and I figured I'd do something about it. I do annual Scotch tastings which is easy enough for me because I love Scotch. Wine, however, I'm totally lost.

So, here's the deal. It'll be 12 people. I'll be pairing cheeses, chocolate, and nuts. With 12 people, that's about 2 ounces of wine per person per bottle. I'm thinking around 10 bottles for the 12 of us.

I'd like to try different types of wine. I'm thinking perhaps do 5 different types of grape and 2 different regions for each grape. Looking to spend around $15 per bottle but I can go up to $20 or just above if you think its worth it.

SO, my question. What 5 types of wine? And if you had to pick the perfect <insert grape here> wine, what would it be?

Should I do 5 types from 2 regions or just do 10 different types all together?
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote