Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
scott1966
Herf Meister

Quesada 35th Anniversary Cigar

The big hit for me at the 2009 IPCPR trade show was the Quesada 35th Anniversary cigar. This cigar is a 6 X 49 boxpressed Toro and has a beautiful oily sheen Araparica wrapper from Ecuador. The binder is a Criollo 98 cuban seed grown in the Dominican Republic and the filler is one leaf of the 2008 crop tobacco of the Dominican Republic and some ligeros from the Esteli region of Nicaragua. The cigar looks so beautiful, you almost don't want to smoke it - just admire it. The band looks sharp with colors of Gold, Black and Silver - very elegant looking.

The cigar initially starts off with a bit of spiciness but quickly smooths out to a complex taste of coffee bean, subtle chocolate (Godiva) and undertones of nuts. The cigar burns razor sharp and the construction is flawless. The cigar burns slow and never gets hot or harsh at all. I almost burned my fingers not wanting this smoking experience to end. It really is an amazing cigar. Too bad it is a one time release but "Las Jovenes" are already hard at work on a new project and I for one cannot wait to see what they come up with.
scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote