Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2002, 09:10 AM   #1
jlancero

Here's the lowdown from FullerPullers website:

Victor Sinclair
" Grand Reserve Series 55 "

Victor Sinclair Cigars built a reputation for themselves as a maker of well-constructed, mild cigars. They upgraded that reputation last year when they introduced the fuller-bodied, Bohemian line of cigars.

Now, Victor Sinclair has released a cigar worthy of competing with the top names in the premium cigar category - "Grand Reserve Series 55." The Series 55 gets it's name from the five country blend and five years of aging.

Series 55 Red. The filler consists of Cameroon, Nicaraguan, Dominican, Brazilian and Cuban Seed Piloto. The binder is Dominican and the wrapper is an enticing, rosado, Cuban Seed Corojo leaf. It's medium-to-full bodied and very smooth.

Series 55 Blue. The filler used for this cigar is slightly different than the Red. It uses Nicaraguan, Dominican, Cuban Seed Piloto, and Sanvicende for the blend. The binder is Dominican and the wrapper is a pitch black, Brazilian Mata Fina leaf. It creates a unique taste that is robust and complex.

Both Series 55 Red and Blue come in a beautiful gold laser engraved humidor box. The box holds 29 cigars and has three trays for the 55s to be cradled in. Cedar lined and with it's own humidification built in.

THE REVIEW:

Appearance: Nice fairly smooth rosado wrapper. Great looking label(s)! Well constructed and as firm as Cory Everson's ass.

Comments: This cigar smoked ULTRA slow and produced only MODERATE volumes of smoke. Draw was somewhat tight, but not too tight. And it burned SLOWLY. By the half-way mark I was over it. Tossed it. There was clearly some good flavor to the blend, but way too sublime for my taste.
Strength was on the mild side of medium. For a $5.00 stick, this was not to my liking. I don't discount the fact however that this was perhaps a less than optimal specimen of this vitola. I however would not give this one a second chance. There are WAY too many great smokes out there for $5.00/pop. And in my opinion...this ain't one of them.

And the wise man looked at me with compassion in his eyes and said,
"relax my son....have a cigar".
jlancero is offline   Reply With Quote