Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Torpedo2

hey MI- Detroit herfers: new info added

I'll be making my way up there in Jan 2006 from the 18th (Late arrival) and leaving Jan 22nd for a Apprentice contest with the Sheet Metal Union. Why not get together with the Northern BOTL's and herf? As far as setting a date and time I'll need to get together with my Co-ordinater and get a few more details and get back to you. More than Likely Sat night or Sunday afternoon.

I've never been to any part of Detroit or MI So I'm looking forward to it.

What say Ye my northern BOTL's?
Torpedo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
HerfManiac
Herf Meister

Sounds good. Keep us posted here, but even if we can't get anything fairly big together a mini-herf with three or four people would still be great.
You four eyed bastard geek peckerwood son of a bitch, you better hope I never see your ugly nerd face in my waking moments or I'll leave you looking like a possum that tried crossing I44 with a blindfold on!---Briandg
HerfManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

DONE!

Let us know the exact dates and where you're staying Bill, we'll suggest a good cigar friendly location to meet up!

Looking forward to it!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
Mr. Morbid
Herf Meister

I'm game for that... Please keep us posted...

The Gravecast Blog & Podcasts
My Grave Hunting Blog
You Tube
Grave Hunting Videos I've Made
Facebook
My Facebook Page!
Mr. Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
Torpedo2

Well I know My wife and I will be arriving late on the 18th of January. All the contest stuff is slated for the 19th, 20th & 21rst. Im not real sure how any of the evenings on those three days will be open for any availability for outside activities.

I know if we shoot for Sunday Afternoon thats a safe one for sure.

From what I know I'm thinking the hotel is in the Troy area, but again Im not sure on this one. I can prod for more info from Gary on Tuesday afternoon.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
Biff123
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchapchap
DONE!

Let us know the exact dates and where you're staying Bill, we'll suggest a good cigar friendly location to meet up!

Looking forward to it!
Like Tom said, just let us know!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #7
Torpedo2

Ok here's much more info. I will be staying at the Hilton on Crooks Road in Troy MI. Arrival day is January 18th, but that day and evening are spoken for. As far as I know I cannot plan for any events during standard work hours on the 19th & 20th, Thursday and Friday.

However I am open to herfing on either Thursday or Friday evenings, as those times are to be used by my discretion.

So my MI BOT'ls whats the best herfing spot? Should we shoot for Friday night? LMK. Oh and BTW we(me and Mrs. Torpedo2) are departing on Sunday the 22nd.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
Mr. Morbid
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo2
Ok here's much more info. I will be staying at the Hilton on Crooks Road in Troy MI. Arrival day is January 18th, but that day and evening are spoken for. As far as I know I cannot plan for any events during standard work hours on the 19th & 20th, Thursday and Friday.

However I am open to herfing on either Thursday or Friday evenings, as those times are to be used by my discretion.

So my MI BOT'ls whats the best herfing spot? Should we shoot for Friday night? LMK. Oh and BTW we(me and Mrs. Torpedo2) are departing on Sunday the 22nd.

Thanks for the info... You guys think we should herf at Copper Canyon???... or pick a place that is closer...

The Gravecast Blog & Podcasts
My Grave Hunting Blog
You Tube
Grave Hunting Videos I've Made
Facebook
My Facebook Page!
Mr. Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo2

This is a quick reply Bill, I'll pass some more details on later. Friday 1/20 should work OK for me. HOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU DETROIT HERFERS?!

A couple of places: Copper Canyon in Southfield or Mr. B's Pub in Royal Oak. Both convenient to your hotel.

Copper Canyon: very cigar friendly, up scale, good beer, a little pricey.

Mr. B's: Very cigar friendly, lively crowd, more of a "joint", crowed Friday night!

Does Mrs. Torpedo2 partake in the leaf? My wife joins me from time to time. She may come along.

Let us know!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
Torpedo2

Tchap, my wife doesnt smoke but she will be coming with me. how pricey is copper canyon?