Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:59 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Kristoff event

Yesterday I was dog tired from the moment I woke up, but managed to get recharged at our Kristoff event held at our shop last night.....a great night with a excellent smokes and a great crowd! In case you were not aware, I am a little sad to report that Kristoff will be phasing out their Galerones series (My Favorite!!) , so if you like these you may want to stock up. Apparently Glen Case is a fan of a milder profile so it looks like that will be the direction taken.
A few shots ...

Old 03-25-2016, 06:06 AM   #2
KatDad
Herf God

Nice photos! Looks like a fun event.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

This thread is linked on the Cigar Weekly page on Facebook, today.
This is just one such thread of many about tobacconists and events happening there.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

Instead of pictures, I get the following:

"Please update your account to enable 3rd party Hosting"

"For important info please go to Photobucket.com"

I don't know what this means.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokestack Jack View Post
Instead of pictures, I get the following:

"Please update your account to enable 3rd party Hosting"

"For important info please go to Photobucket.com"

I don't know what this means.
The photo utility/hosting site Photobucket changed policies. They now CHARGE their members. There is no free component, any longer.

Any photographs from Photobucket linked to other websites (like what happened here) are, now, no longer available unless the "member" (in this case, Jon) has a paid-up Photobucket membership.

So a lot of people have photos on Photobucket servers, but since we/they have not paid a membership, those photos aren't available until we/they pay.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

We just had a Kristoff event here last month. It was such a big turnout that the rep ran out of cigars!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
We just had a Kristoff event here last month. It was such a big turnout that the rep ran out of cigars!
Hey Bill, describe "here" for those of us who haven't been to your place. We're trying to get some looks and clicks about different cigar shops and event stories!

Old 11-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiridon View Post
I am a little sad to report that Kristoff will be phasing out their Galerones series (My Favorite!!)
As long as they keep the Ligero Maduro line I'll be happy. Those lanceros though...

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:01 AM   #9
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Hey Bill, describe "here" for those of us who haven't been to your place. We're trying to get some looks and clicks about different cigar shops and event stories!
"here" is King Street Coffee & Tobacco in Martinsburg, WV in the eastern panhandle of WV. The owner Ed Trout opened the shop over 26 years ago.I've been a customer for over 20 years. The shop has a good sized humidor, seating for cutomers and coffee drinks available. The shop usually has six to eight cigar events a year.

Also there on the second floor of the building is The Churchill Society cigar club which was founded in 2008. It’s a private club with 24 access.

Tommy the next time we have an event I'll do a story and get some pictures.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
"here" is King Street Coffee & Tobacco in Martinsburg, WV in the eastern panhandle of WV. The owner Ed Trout opened the shop over 26 years ago.I've been a customer for over 20 years. The shop has a good sized humidor, seating for cutomers and coffee drinks available. The shop usually has six to eight cigar events a year.

Also there on the second floor of the building is The Churchill Society cigar club which was founded in 2008. It’s a private club with 24 access.

Tommy the next time we have an event I'll do a story and get some pictures.
You're awesome, m'friend!