Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
wildwilly

Disgruntled

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am. Maybe I should let it go, but i can't yet.

I've been a long time customer and fan of Cuban Crafters. I don't order tons, but I have ordered a dozen times or so from them over the last 8 years or so. Always been a Cupido diehard.

Anyway, one of the reasons I like ordering with the is I've had acouple really good experiences doing business with them. Over the years they've always treated me well until a recent interaction.

From one of their recent weekly emails I had learned that Cuban Crafters has a price matching guarantee. I had ordered a specific box of cigars from them in the past but their price was about $12 more than another online retailer. I sent them a request asking if they would match the price. I was hoping that even if they couldn't drop the $12 maybe they'd offer free shipping or something.

The response I received was "We don't match and you are using an outdated website"

I emailed back and linked their own website where they say they do price match, and asked for clarification on why they wouldn't. Was it a sale price issue that they rejected? was it just too low? all that would have been fine. I'd just rather do business with CC than someone i don't know.

I waited weeks. no response.

So I placed my order from the other company who I'd never ordered from before. got my box in the mail, all good.

I took a picture of the invoice, and the box and emailed CC again, just showing that it had been an outdated site, that it indeed was a valid/current price, and asked again for some clarification and a little understanding from a customer's perspective on why I am frustrated.

Nothing. no response.

Anyone have any connections at Cuban Crafters? Is something up with them? New management? Should I let it go? If so I'll miss ordering some of their great bundle deals.

Anyways, just needed to vent.
wildwilly is offline   Reply With Quote