Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
MannyA
Starting Member

Perdomo Patriach Extra Corona

In response to an earlier post by big ben. Smoked this cigar after a simple dinner of tacos with a glass of cheap merlot. Wrapper was a nice medium brown, lightly veined. Started out with lots of pepper, thought it would be pretty full bodied. It quickly mellowed out; more medium to full. Hints of cedar and spice. Ash was medium grey, very firm. About half way through I tasted other spice and some coffee flavors, a bit of cinnimon and nutmeg. Toward the end the flavors melded, finished with wood and coffee flavors. Strengths-good burn, firm ash, lots of complexity (something I like in a cigar). I've had lesser priced cigars I liked better but more expensive ones I've liked less. I'd recommend this cigar for someone to try. Overall rating-85-89.
MannyA is offline   Reply With Quote