Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 05-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

opinions please

Does anyone own one of those coffee brewers with an attached grinder? If so, what do you think of them?
I'm thinking of purchasing one, but I'd like to know your thoughts on them.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

My parents had one for a while, dunno what brand. It had an auto setting on the clock so you could have coffee ready when you stumbled into the kitchen. Problem was the damn thing sounded like an aircraft was taking off in the kitchen when it got going.

It was also hard to clean IIRC. The steam off of the brewing gummed up the chute that delivered the ground coffee. It was a nice idea but that particular make and model was consigned to mothballs rather rapidly.

I have an acquaintance that has another make/model that they seem to like. I'll ask them for more details on their choice.

Best,
J.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #3
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

hard for me to believe that a combined machine is going to be best in class for both things. It seems a gimmick to me, but it is your money.

what is wrong with what you have now? Seems like you have gone through a lot of coffee equipment.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
hard for me to believe that a combined machine is going to be best in class for both things. It seems a gimmick to me, but it is your money.

what is wrong with what you have now? Seems like you have gone through a lot of coffee equipment.
Nothing is wrong with what I have. Just thinking of upgrading. But, if I hear bad things about this, then I'll pass on it.

Also, I need several brewers because once a month my relatives visit. Seems that each of them like different coffees.

I have 4 tables setup in the kitchen.

1- all brewers (4) on it

2- all disposable cups and lids, napkins, spoons and forks

3 - different brands of coffee

4 - pastries

We all chip in for supplies and desserts.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Mike -

I've been well-served with grinders and makers over the years. Separate. Grinders have outlasted makers almost 3:1. Seems like a simple solution to me.

--J

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:58 PM   #6
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

if you need a better grinder, but a better grinder

I have one brewer, one espresso machine, a press pot, a moka pot and one grinder

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote