Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
macsauce13
Club Member

La Aurora 107 (Robusto)

First third: This is a good looking cigar, with a dark wrapper, lots of veins, but nothing that looks like it should affect the smoking. The prelight draw shows a very nice draw which if anything, was a bit too easy. The cigar lights up easy and gets off to a quick razor sharp burn. This is the second 107 I have smoked and this one has some work to do to make up for the first one. The initial flavors give off a deep woody flavor with a bit of spice and a charred taste that ruined the first cigar for me.

Second third: The construction of this cigar appears to be very good, but I was experiencing some major wind while smoking and thus had to touch up the burn a few times to keep it smokable. This cigar shows hints of floral flavor but the dominated flavor is a burned, charred taste. It is exactly the same as the first cigar I had, and for me it makes it very difficult to smoke. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that keeps me drinking a lot of water.

Final third: I let this cigar go out right around the middle of the band because I just can’t enjoy the flavor. The burned, charred taste overwhelms the rest of the cigar, and makes if difficult for me to enjoy.
I would love to hear other people’s thoughts on this cigar as I wonder if this is a taste that is pleasant to others and just not to me!

Appearance: 9
Construction: 9
Burn: 8
Flavor: 6
Value:6
Total: 38/50

Last edited by macsauce13; 11-07-2011 at 05:07 AM.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote