Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
magnus5
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

My latest purchase

I set my guitar down 10-12 years ago due to arthritis in my hands ruining my skills. I sold all of it and regretted it only days later. but never bought anything else. I had played for 20 years.

I missed it. I have been feeling the need to return to the guitar as it always gave me enjoyment, until the skills slid downhill. But, I have nothing to prove and no one to impress. I can play for myself now and enjoy it skills not ever being what they were before, but so what. I have been amazed at what I remembered, but can't always play, and surprised at how much I have forgotten too. But for the most part my fingers find their old haunts, just slower now than they did.

So I went out and got this

It's a Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition. It has a lot more green in it than those pics against a dumb blue background, kinda looks like the ocean. It has the set Gibson style neck and sustain for days. Plays beautifully. Much easier than my old Fenders. I even tried a couple of Fenders in the stores and found they just aren't for me anymore. And the sound is amazing. I played it and Gibson and found no real difference in playability or sound. It is not as good as the Gibson, not as heavy and not a thick a slab of the maple top, and won't increase in value like the Gibson, but for me it was good enough to say I'm not spending more to have the Gibson.

One thing there is no shortage of in this town is music equipment, per person maybe more than any city in the US. Especially Gibson stuff.

Last edited by magnus5; 12-19-2008 at 08:53 PM.
magnus5 is offline   Reply With Quote