Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #1
HerbWCP

Carlos Torano Casa Torano Torpedo

I had the chance to sample some of the new Casa Torano cigars at the RTDA show over the past few days - This review will be for the Torpedo.

The wrapper was a beautiful Connecticut wrapper. The construction on the stick looked flawless. Pre light aroma was very nice, I just wanted to sniff it and not light it. Once I did light the cigar the flavor was very smooth and creamy tobacco flavor. The cigar was mild, but it had a spice and a kick to it that the fresh rolled Toranos I had smoked at an event did not have - This is the perfect cigar to have first thing in the morning with your cup of coffee and your morning paper. The burn on this cigar was Torano, nothing bad about it at all. The ash was strong, not flaky. I nubbed this puppy. I also have to say that the band and the box are both very beautiful. These will look nice in a cabinet humidor! Over all I liked this much better then the freshies and would not blink twice before buying a box of these.

Keep up the good work Torano!