Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2018, 05:13 AM   #13
vernonator
Herf Meister

I have done it several ways - with just a regular fluorescent fixture and grow bulbs - works well but takes up space and you have to keep the fixture LOW to the plants or they get VERY gangly.

I have also used an AeroGarden - hydroponic with growlights and these work very well except the output is low - only a half dozen spots so I go 3 basil, 3 Italian parsley. This is the more expensive route as you have to use their seed pods (I tried monkeying a replacement but the results were horrible) but you can use other liquid fertilizer for the hyro-tank.

Even here in Iowa I find that a sunny window will do well in the depths of winter, I keep a rosemary and a basil plant going year round in the kitchen window and they do fairly well (I transplant one from my deck containers in the fall).
vernonator is offline   Reply With Quote