Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #1
Cal-Duck

The extraordinary intro and most tragic writting of Cal-Duck

Hey Guys and Gals, Cats and Kittens, Ladies and Gents and all of those that fall in between,

I know that these intros are getting really tiresome and in some cases being moved to other boards. However, I did not want to take the low road and not introduce myself to the board where I will be spending most of my time. I have recently come from CA (Applause?) and while I still visit there from time to time these days, I really don’t see spending much “quality” time there in the near future for reasons that are very personal. But enough about all of that. Moving forward… I have been lurking here for a couple of days and found this to be a very hospitable place with some very friendly folk, I look forward to chatting with you all about Cuba and Cuban Cigars. I just wanted to say hi before you started seeing my name all over the place. LOL... no really.

UP FRONT: I smoke Habanos. Although looking at my secondary desk top humidor I have noticed that I have amassed quite a substantial NC collection without my knowing it. Mostly from PIFs and trades and the like I would guess. I will be ditching them without any remorse on distant friends and those who don’t know any better at my earliest convenience. I have been seriously smoking cigars for some... six plus years now and Habanos for a couple of years now. I have in the last few months really started to lean towards Cuban cigars exclusively.

DISCLAIMER: I do not now nor have I ever in the past claimed to know a g-damn thing about Cuban cigars, however that will not stop me from openly chatting about them and acting like I am a real pro at the drop of a hat. For anyone that cares I will throw out a list of my most recent favorites… which I reserve the right to change in it’s entirety as soon as tomorrow morning.

1: Cohiba Piramid EL 01
2: Partagas SD3 EL 03
3: Cohiba Siglo VI
4: H.Upmann #2
5: H.Upmann Mag
6: RyJ exi #4
7: ERDM Choix Sup. (love the 98s when I can snatch them up.)
8: Partagas SD4
9: Bolivar RC
10: Cohiba Siglo IV

Nothing very esoteric, none the less, those are my current favorites.

On a personal note I am an avid wine lover, a novice playwrite, a golfer (that sucks), a blackjack player (that’s pretty good), a lover of cigar box passes, AND a chess fanatic… so if someone out there wants to bring on an online game of chess… IT’S ON!!!

That’s pretty much it about me. Glad to meet you all and I have been happy to read your posts over the past couple of days. Talk to you soon and happy smoking.

Cheers,

CD

William Shakespeare
Cal-Duck is offline   Reply With Quote