Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
Meadmaker

C Torano Exodus 1959 Gold Robusto

C Torano Exodus 1959 Gold Robusto.
Well Constructed, no lumps or soft spots. Prelight aroma of spice and a hint of leather.
After a nice straight cut, I toasted the foot. Even before it is lit, this smoke is producing a nice aroma. A very earthy leathery smoke, with a perfect draw, and light notes of cedar. The burn is a little off on this stick, but it is only a week in my humi, and it might not have settled from its journey. I rarely smoke a stick, with less than 6 months in my humi, but I had just finished the last of a 2 year old box, of the same stick, and wanted to do a comparison. Back to the review.
In the first inch, the spice seems to be a bit mild, with the primary flavor being of leather with notes of cedar. About ¾ of an inch in the spice picks up, as does a slight tingle on the tongue. I am beginning to think that smoking this on an empty stomach might be a mistake. LOL. At the one inch mark, this baby kicks it up a notch and becomes very rich. It is in the upper medium body at this point, and I am enjoying the flavor, though the persistent burn problems are detracting from my enjoyment, of this smoke. A very different smoke, than the 2 year old Robusto I finished before this smoke. This is more full-bodied, and the flavors have not settled down yet. This cigar has a strong finish, as did his older brother. The flavors stayed consistently good, but it is not a very complex smoke, at this point. The good part is, I know these age well. I will revisit this smoke again, in 6 months to a year.
I would give this cigar a favorable rating, of 4.1, on the 5 point scale. It would have scored slightly higher, without the burn problems. I look forward to doing a review of this smoke, when it has aged, for awhile.
Dave (A.K.A. Meadmaker)