Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #1
Tommy boy
Banned

grtrx inspired me. Maybe I can inspire you

grtrx posted about a contest where he was going to give away 400-500+ cigars. I suggested to him that he send them to the troops. The contest evolved and he suggested others send cigars to the troops and each 10 cigars would get one entry in his contest where he would still award some high end premiums.

Talk and type are cheep. I decided to also give 400 cigars to the troops which I delivered today. I thought that perhaps others on the board might like to do so also.

I just want to pass the request. Perhaps in your local area there is an office set up to send things to the troops. Perhaps you know somebody serving that you could send them to for distribution. If not, here is the address of our local support group

Yellow Ribbon Support Center
700 S. Eastgate Blvd. #230
Cincinnati OH 45245

On a side note, my kids went to the same school and at the same time as the Maupin boys. While I was at the center, Carolyn and Micah Maupin stopped buy. Carolyn looked great and was full of optomism. Micah looked very buff. He was a champion wrestler here locally.

Cigars for them would be welcomed. But that is not all they need. From their flyer, "A Soldiers Wish List": International phone cards to call loved ones, Dinty Moore dinners (Chicken & Dumplings, Turkey & Dressing), Beef jerky, Easy Mac, Crackers, Peanut butter and jelly (small), Chocolate dipped pretzels, Disposable cameras, Travel board games, Walkmans, MP3 players, CDs, DVDs, Card games, Hand held games, Eye drops, Flashlights, Little Debbie snacks, Microwave bowls, Mach3 razors, Cookies, Presweetened Kool-Aid, Lemonade, Coffee (small), Coffee creamer (small), Snack bags (chips, Doritos), Candy, Hot chocolate, Tea bags, Batteries (AA, AAA), Any warm clothing

For or against the war, these are our troops serving for us and they have needs. Think of how thankful you would feel receiving something from back home if it were YOU there. Do the right thing!
Tommy boy is offline   Reply With Quote