Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Some cigars from overseas reviewed

Ramon Allones petit corona - Very good. Nice and rich with lots of smoke. 90.

Jose Piedra Crema - What can I say about a JLP? I like them. You never know what you are going to get as they vary so widely in roll and flavor. This one got an 87.

H. Uppman Magnum 56 EL - Disappointing. One dimensional, smoked hot, burned poorly requiring numerous touchups, wrapper unraveled. Even the bands were almost impossible to get off without tearing the wrapper, but I did not care because I barely made it to 2/3 and was glad to toss it. I still like Uppman, maybe the roller had a hangover that day. 84

Cohiba Robusto - Excellent! The best Cohiba that I have ever smoked! 93.

Hoyo de Monterrey Especial #1 - A solid 89

Partagas Serie D #4 - This thing tore the throat out of me. Way too strong in body. Maybe it was sick. My mouth tasted like a foul cigar for several days. I have some more of these that I am letting rest and then I will come back to them. Burned well though. 83.

Partagas Lusitania - I don't know how to rate this one because the wrapper unraveled so badly that I could hardly tell what it was like. I hate smoking binder, but who doesn't? I am not having much luck with Partagas lately. 84.

Bolivar Corona - I loved this thing! Not nearly as strong as Boli's used to be. Which is good for me. Very complex with tons of Cuban character. I am glad that I have a few more. 92.

Trinidad Reyes - I have always like these little Trinidads. Quite the flavor bomb. 89

Montecristo #2 - Far f'ing out! I love love loved it. Monte #2's can vary widely sometimes from one to the next but this was a great one. A well deserved 93.

Ramón Allones Specially Selected - Excellent cigar. Very rich and earthy. Lots of smoke. Required one touchup when the center of the cigar sort of caved in. I am really liking R. Allones these days, I have not had a bad one. Loss of one point for the cave in but really it was not bad as it was easily fixed. An enjoyable 92.

Cohiba Siglo III - Solid and classic Cohiba flavor. Strong but easy on the throat and palate. This one gets a well deserved 92.

Ramon Allones Club Allones EL 2015 - Just what I expected from an EL from one of my favorite brands. Earthy and evolving flavor, perfect draw and burn, tons of thick smoke. A big 93 for this RA.

Quai d' Orsay corona - Plugged. It happens. No score.

San Cristobal de la Habana La Punta - Excellent burn, nice draw and lots and lots of delicious spice on the back of the palate. 91

Por Larranaga Panatelas - Pretty good, burn and draw fine but classic Cuban flavors did not show themselves until I was partway into the final 1/3rd. 88

Montecristo #2 - There is a reason why many say that this is the world's best cigar. 92

Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill - A great one. Perfect draw, perfect burn and tons of great Cuban leather and cream. I need to get some more of these. Best cigar I have had in a while. 94

H. Upmann Magnum 46 - Excellent. Perfect draw and razor sharp all the way. Was not harsh at the beginning and maintained its excellent flavor throughout, all the way down to finger burn. 91

Trinidad Coloniales - Earthy and nutty with perfect draw and laser straight burn. 90

Fonseca Delicias - I love Fonsecas. Nice, mellow flavor and unmistakable Cuban flavor. Typical short filler draw and laser straight burn. The best cigar you can get a box of 25 for $70 shipped. 88

H. Upmann Connoisseur No.1 - Nothing really stuck out about this one but it was a solid, creamy, nutty cigar. 88

Partagas Lusitania - A wonderfully tasty cigar marred by poor construction. Right away it started to canoe. This lasted for over the first 1/2 of the smoke, to which I had to do numerous touchups. Then in the final 1/3 the wrapper started to unravel. Luckily the draw was good so I could so I could enjoy the cigar's flavor until the end, which was nice. I ended up at the nub but I had to work to get there. This is my second Lusitania in about a month and they were both poorly rolled. This one was somewhat better, the previous one was almost unsmokeable. A big four points off for construction. 87

Partagas Serie D #4 - If you noticed my bad review of one of these earlier in this post I am happy to say that this one, after mellowing for a few months, was much better. Nice creamy, leathery smoke. 90

Fonseca Delicias - Short filler cigar that I really like and a box is only $70 shipped. The best $70 a box cigar you can get imo. 88

Hoyo de Monterrey double corona. These have never disappointed and this one was no exception. Just a wonderful cigar in every sense of the word. 94

Partagas Short - Very tasty little smoke. My go-to cigar when I don't have a lot of time. 89

Last edited by Ringo; 11-22-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote