Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Lars Tetens Serie D

Lars Tetens is back with a line of "natural" cigars and only one infused cigar. They sent me four of the naturals for honest review.

I unwittingly smoked the OSS the other night; it was a fair cigar until the last third, then things got turned up an it ended up being a pretty nice cigar. Let's see what the Serie D does.

Medium firm packing with a bit of fruitiness to the wrapper and foot aromas. Perfect draw with more tobacco than fruity notes.

Initial notes are quite figgy, like many good pipe tobaccos, but settles quickly into a medium body and flavor tobacco. The fig notes remain in the background.

The cigar is well constructed with a mostly even burn, a firm medium grey ash and a good draw. The Tabaquero who rolled this knows his craft.

A bit of currant flavor is emerging to replace the waning fig notes; overall so far a nice complexity. A very firm ash tempts me to go for a long ash, but I don't like ashes in my lap.

At 1/3 there is still a distinct fruitiness to the smoke, although not that of a flavored cigar. Just past the third, the fruit flavors disappear and the cigar becomes a good aged tobacco cigar.

At about half the draw remains almost perfect; not too firm and not too loose. The dwindling fruits are giving way to a nice medium body tobacco cigar.

The Texas Honey Ale is a nice complement to the cigar, adding a bit to the sweetness of the cigar just ever so slightly. It still has some of the characteristics of a good pipe tobacco, but is settling in to be a pleasant cigar.

I think that a less sweet beer would be a better match for the cigar; perhaps an IPA or an American Pale. The sweetness of the cigar world be a bit more sublimated and the tobacco flavor would shine through better. The ligero in the cigar is quite evident and would go well with a stronger beer.

Getting into the last third of the cigar the ligero definitely comes to the forefront and turns the medium cigar into a more full flavor stick. It still has the flavor of a pipe tobacco that is heavy on the Perique tobacco, which to me is a good thing.

For fans of the AJ Fernandez Specter or the Battleground Perique, it is still more cigar than pipe tobacco flavor, but it is a nice change from a purely cigar tobacco stick.

Putting it down at one inch, it is a very pleasant smoke and should not be ignored because it is a Lars. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote