Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
hockeymaniac
Herf Meister

17 Year old La Gloria Cubana

Benecio graciously gifted me a 17 year old La Gloria Cubana Belicoso at the All Texas Herf on Labor Day Weekend. This goes back to the blind taste test of the previous year when my love of LGC's was discovered.

The cello was yellow enough to use as sun glasses and there the band on the cigar had oil stains. There were small oil spills on the cello also. Not knowing what to expect I carefully removed the cigar from the cello and found it to be in perfect condition. It was not dry or brittle but perfectly taken care of.

The wrapper was a nice dark maduro and the aroma was mouth watering. The cigar lit up like a champ and the draw was effortless. I was expecting for there to be little flavor due to it's age but was I wrong. The predominate flavor was cocoa and chocolate. It was like smoking a piece of a chocolate tort cake. It was wonderful.

Gary, thank you so much for the wonderful cigar, I only regret I didn't have a glass of Port to go with it.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."
hockeymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote