Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Master Gates
Club Member

Partagas Petite Corona A/T

A great friend sent me a fiver of these. Today I smoked the last of that fiver. I am not sure of the exact box code, but for some reason I want to say they were from a 2002 box.

This is a summary of my thoughts on this cigar after smoking all five of them.

These are a great size for a relatively quick smoke, either in the morning with coffee, or great as an afternoon cigar as well.

A machine made lacking a triple cap of its handmade counterparts. Sometimes I had to be careful not to take too much off the cap or the wrapper would unravel just a bit....nothing a little saliva wont fix though.

Speaking of the wrapper - it was typical of a machine made cigar in that it was a little "rough" looking with some wrinkles to it. The bunching was as good as any hand bunched cigar I have had and the draw on all five of the cigars was just perfect

THe flavors were consistent throughout the cigar, no profile changing, etc. Not one dimensional, just consistent. This partagas stood out a little from many others in that it didnt seem to be all that strong in terms of nicotine, and it lacked that intense spice I often associate with a partagas. These cigars had that spice, but it was a little subdued.......made for an extremely smooooth cigar. No bite on this one at all. I would smoke more in a heartbeat.

Many thanks to that fine BOTL who gave them to me

MG
Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote