Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

New Cigarticle Series

Why in this room? Well, these places also offer libations sometimes.

Good morning folks.
I'm pleased to announce another new Cigarticle series. Today is the premiere of "Local Flavor." Our contributing editors (and any of you who would like to join their ranks by writing for us) are going out into their various locales, and they're seeking out places to smoke, and will submit full out articles and interviews with the owners/tobacconists where possible.

I want to thank David Carpenter (dcarp) for a REALLY well done piece

Quote:
Local Flavor #1, Washington D. C. Shelly's Back Room

Just after New Years, I sat down and smoked a Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro with Bob Materazzi, owner of Shelly’s Back Room to discuss what has made Shelly’s a success. First, a little history: In the late 1990’s, Shelly Jacobs opened a few restaurants called “Shelly’s Wood Roast”. In addition to full service dining fare, Shelly’s Wood Roast also featured a lounge called “The Back Room” where diners could grab a drink and a smoke before or after their meal. Shelly’s Wood Roast is no longer around, but The Backroom has survived thanks to Bob's purchase of the business in 2000 . In the time since, Bob has continually improved on The Back Room by updating the menu, increasing the quality of libations at the bar and employing a friendly wait staff to take care of any customer's needs.
We hope you all enjoy these and find them useful.
Editor.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote