Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2004, 10:05 PM   #1

and the CA refugees continue to pour in...

Hello and Happy New Year. I’m another CA defector that is fed up with what CA has done to their C&CC forum, and decided to pack up and look for a new home. I’ve lurked here for a few days, and it looks like a nice place to exchange conversation regarding our favorite habit.

I’m an IT professional living in California. I originally grew up on the East Coast of the USA, spent several years in Japan, and ended up in San Jose, California. When I’m not busy at work, I’m busy with my family and working on our house. We spend a lot of time camping, going to the beach, and generally enjoying the Northern California outdoors. I’m an avid WWII historian – I spend a lot of time reading about and researching all aspects of the war. I recently finished up several books on the North African campaigns.

My experience with cigars started several years ago at an annual birthday party where The Guys ™ would move off to the side, share several bottles of wine, and my buddy’s Dad would pass out cigars later in the evening, usually about the time you would start hearing the coyotes in the hills. I’m sure he had some Cuban cigars in his humi, but I’m also sure he wasn’t going to waste them on a total rookie like myself! They eventually retired, sold their house, and moved north and my time with cigars moved to a monthly poker games, and our 4-time-a-year camping trips.

I recently started smoking Cuban cigars; the first couple were given to me by a very generous person from the CA C&CC forum (thanks again – you know who you are). I’ve now depleted my stock of NCs and only have Cubans in the humidor. While I enjoyed stronger NCs, I’m working on milder Cubans at this point. So far, out of my limited time smoking, my favorite is the Siglo IV or the PSD4. I still have about 12-15 different Cubans sitting, and the winter weather has curtailed my evening visits to the patio.

I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible, and, as time goes on, share my experiences with the forum.

m00f