Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

A new A Rich Pour... Check it out!

A brand new A Rich Pour column for all of you CW Scotch addicts. Introductory excerpt...
Lifestyles

A Rich Pour - Column No. 22: Golden Oldies

Doug Kuebler (jazznut)
Cigar Weekly Managing Editor
Monday April 11, 2011

Why is it that many aficionados of Scotch whisky seem so drawn to older spirits? The prestige factor? The allure of the rare? Or could it actually be the taste of the liquor lying inside those expensive bottles?

Whiskies are, to an extent, like people. Some age quite gracefully and some, well… We’ll leave that less than attractive scenario to the darker side of your imagination for the moment. All of which begs the question, “How is the consumer to know whether an older whisky is really worth its asking price?” The answer isn’t a simple one.

Link...

http://www.cigarweekly.com/magazine/...-golden-oldies

Hope you enjoy the read.