Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

Kudos to Mikes Cigars

I had gave Mikes Cigars my email to notify me when they got some more CAO MX2s in. I got the email, placed my order for 2 boxs of Toros, 1 box of Robustos. Opted for overnight shipping. (hey..it's been a 100 friggin degrees nearly every day for a month)

So when I get my package today, I have three boxes of CAO **CX2* Cigars..not MX2s.

I called Mikes, customer service is gone to lunch. I fire off a "terse" email. Not profane, or ugly, just one stating I was upset, and demanding a refund. RIGHT after I sent it...I got a call from Mikes.

This Customer service went out of her way, to help me. She went to the warehouse, to see if there were ANY MX2s in stock. Found them, shipped them out to me OVERNIGHT..with a return label for the CX2s..and refunded my original shipping charges. Very friendly, courteous.
I thanked her, told her to disregard an email I sent. She said, she was just getting it...and then her tone of voice changed. It wasn't an "ugly" email, but not friendly either. I was upset.

Moral of the story. Have a problem...give customer service a reasonable amount of time to solve it before firing off an angry email..demanding a refund.

And yes, I'm going to send customer service another email....but with an apology, and my thanks.