Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Kentucky Fire Cured Genuine Muwat

As far as I know, this is a Drew Estate product. I recently made a nice package deal and now have a double fist full of these cigars. When I was smoking pipes, I greatly enjoyed blends with Kentucky fire cured tobacco. I wondered how it would translate to cigars.

This particular cigar was a 6 x 52 Toro. The wrapper looks to be broadleaf. It is dark, toothy and durable. The cigar was cello wrapped. I had been warned in the past not to store these nude as the tobacco aroma is quite strong. I can now testify that the aroma is indeed strong! Upon taking a good whiff of the foot, I immediately thought: Latakia! It smelled like a strong English pipe tobacco.
I lit the foot with a match and was rewarded by copious amounts of thick smoke. Letting the smoke roll into my lose I got a definite campfire smell typical of latakia tobacco. But I didn't otherwise taste it much. The cigar flavor was rich, pleasant and strong.
The burn was straight and the ash was dark and pebbly. The flavor was consistent through the whole smoke. the strength however increased considerably. It's a powerful smoke!
I wouldn't want to smoke these all the time. But I like the cigar and will be happy to smoke more on an occasional basis. I'm giving this one an 8 of 10. There's nothing else like this.

Epilogue: Yep, Drew Estate. CI says the wrapper is a Mexican San Andres Maduro. The filler is Kentucky and Virgina Fire cured tobacco with Nicaraguan and Brazilian mata fino mixed in. The size is called Just a Friend.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote