Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
sarbanesconsultant
Starting Member

From Shanghai - Partagas Series P # 2

After almost 23 hours flying, I finally arrived back in Shanghai. Such a unique modern town of Asian culture, modern business and very high polution!

I was given a gift by one of the internet merchants, It was a Partagas Series P No 2 Torpedo. As it was a gift, I would like to share the experience with everyone.

For the last several years, I have not smoked this shape. Normally, I enjoy a Cohiba Robusto, Sigli IV, an Esplendido, or Partagas Deries D No 4.

When looking at this shape, one would only iimagine what the roller was thinking as this beauty was rolled!

Firm to the touch

Soft at the foot

OUTSTANDING aroma from the foot before lighting (Wood, honey type spice)

Color was medium to dark brown: With extensive veins showing. A true classic with an cap that had you thinking about dancing Salsa in Habana!

Accompanied by 7 year old Harvana Club rum (no ice), I lit this treasure with a Dupont lighter with a guillotine cut. I wanted all of the flavor!

From the initial light:

Very drak grey almost black ash. It reminded me of something from years past that my father would have smoked.

Somewhat firm but very acceptable draw.

Full bodied, and very flavorfull. full of honey, cedar and touches of coffee. Also, not agressive but with complexity for the palate of the aficiando!

As I reflect on the travel just experienced, I approach the cigar half way. I keep thinking of flavor of a classic cuban that is not found in this day and time. I think of this as I reflect on the Russian, Thai and Chinese women in front of me!

More and more complexity with complexity and not over powering.

In the end, I was left wondering, if my prefernce in cigars was changing as a result of this smoke. Normally, I like strength. The Partagas Series P No 2 was complex, flavorful and one leaving you wanting more of this experience

Amazing aroma and flavor

Thank You Richard
sarbanesconsultant is offline   Reply With Quote