Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #31
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Camacho Shell Back "Fortune favors the bold!". Cool label. The cigar is dark brown with a smooth shiny wrapper. Nice flavor. I had to touch the burn up repeatedly, but it was a minor issue. Pretty good cigar.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #32
bsslack
Herf Meister

Well, today I had a rare AM cigar. An Oliva Series "G" box press Robusto. These are more than box pressed actually, they are square pressed. I've stated before that, as a rule, I'm not a huge Cameroon fan. But, it was early and I did not want a fuller power smoke this early. So, I lit it up and to my surprise, I liked it. I think that the filler and binder were the difference for me. It started slow, but once up and running it was subtle for an Oliva product, but it was diverse enough to keep it interesting. It burned straight and true to the end. So, well done Oliva on the Cammie! I put it down over an hour ago and my mouth is still tingling from it. Now, that is a long finish!

I'll have another of these.

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #33
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Blind Man's Bluff "We own the night." Gran Toro. 6" by 54 ring gauge with a smooth shade wrapper. The draw was open, the burn was straight and the smoke was plentiful with lots of good flavor. There's complexity here too! I really like this cigar. I highly recommend it.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:32 AM   #34
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

I was pining for an Umbagog this morning so I pulled a 10 pack of Umbagog Churchills from the coolerdor, unwrapped them, and laid them in the ready smokes humidor. I held one back for consumption.
The Umbagog is a beautiful cigar! The broadleaf wrapper is dark and substantial. I used one match for the initial light and that was all the fire I needed. The burn was straight the whole way and the ash was gray and firm.
The flavor is full, rich and satisfying with great amounts of smoke. You can't go wrong with an Umbagog!

Full review: http://forums.cigarweekly.com/showthread.php?t=179854
Old 07-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #35
beevod
Herf God

Great review -- sounds like a must-try cigar (and I will)
Old 07-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #36
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

This morning I pulled an Oliveros Gran Retorno 2 from the ready smokes humidor. This is a Toro, 6 x 50. It has a chocolatey Habano wrapper and is a good looking cigar. This is the second of these I've smoked. I had burn issues with he first and it adversely affected the flavor.
This second one was better. The draw was open and I got lots of flavorful smoke. I still had to touch it up with a match a few times, but that was a minor issue. The flavor has elements of bitter cocoa. It's a pretty good cigar. These are currently going for under $100 for a box of 20. Try a 5 pack for about $25 to see if you like them.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #37
beevod
Herf God

A sadly under-filled and not terribly flavorful Rocky Patel Royale that I got in a sampler.
But the band was nice.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #38
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Today I was handed a Torano Exodus 1959 50 years Robusto. Good looking cigar. Dark wrapper, lightly box pressed. Burn was even, flavor was good.
My Buddy said he bought these in a 20 pack for $2.25 apiece. Buy some!
Old 07-24-2018, 07:15 AM   #39
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Today's smoke was an Ashton Maduro CG. The cigar was a nice tight cylinder with a dark heavy maduro wrapper. The burn was a little funky. A couple times it seemed like it wanted to go out. Maybe a chunk of something in there. Other than that it burned fairly straight. The smoke was full bodied and flavorful. This was a pretty good cigar. But I expect that in an Ashton.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #40
bsslack
Herf Meister

Tim, I also like the Ashton maddies.

This AM I had a very good Oliva Master Blends 3 Robusto. I loved the original Master Blend cigars and I liked the MBII OK. The MBIII's are coming up in my estimations, as I have had several that were quite good. as is the case with all cigars there's the occasional ho hum stick out there. This cigar was a Good one and it reminded me why I like the Oliva's products. They have a quality product and enough flavor and variety to keep me happy. So, today I'm exactly that, Happy.

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote