Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Maccabee

262 Revere

Not sure if anyone has reviewed this one but here goes...
I just smoked this one tonight and here are my notes on it. keep in mind im not a pro, but this is what i got from it.
I had the Corona size, the construction was great a 5 of 5.
The pre-light seemed to have light smell of wood ( though to be honest i could not quit make up my mind, it was so light). It has a slight hint of spice on the lips as well. In my experience this is a good start, as spice normally = good.
When i lit it up the spice really became more pronounced, though not over whelming. This smoke is a full bodied, strong cigar. I have had strong cigars that left me sick, i would say this one is in between, as far as strength. I would not recommend this for the new smoker, as this did knock me a little.
The retro burned the nose a bit but nothing to bad. I would say this is a complex smoke as i got a few different tones. At first i would say wood and leather. As the smoke progressed a more creamy leather tone became more pronounced. I also got a hint of coffee. The ash was a wonderful light grey and was at 2, almost 2 1/2 inch, before falling off. The burn was consistent, and even-ish..what i mean is i had to touch it up a bit but not terrible. The draw was a little tight as well, I have had much worse so it was not horrible. Half way into it, and the rest of the smoke, the creamy-leather tone stood out and remained pretty consistent.
Overall i give this a 4 of 5, its great full bodied, strong smoke. my only con to this cigar was the burn, as i had to touch it up a bit, and it is a little strong for my liking. also I like a looser smoke. I enjoyed it to the last half inch. If the other Cigars of 262 are smiler then this will be a favorite of mine.
If any of you had a different experience let me know, but this is my experience.

Last edited by Maccabee; 06-09-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote