Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
jb
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Puros Indios Viejo Media Corona- unedited

Initial thoughts: Haven't had a bundle in a long time. They are pretty in their own way. All those cigar smashed together. Wrapper- nice color, rough looking, split at foot and split when I cut it. Fragile wrapper. Spongy cigar feels like it is underfilled. Prelight draw perfect. Prelight flavors grassy, mild, weedy.

Initial light- easy and even. First puff... hmm... hmmm.... DAYUM! I was expecting a decent yard gar, but at least the first few puffs this is tremendous. Media corona. It feels like a true corona gorda size. Only 1/4" in to this and I am losing the wow flavors and getting some more of the grassy. Ok next hit twangy. not a cuban twang but still twangy. I like it. I think. So back and forth a bit on the flavor. still I feel like I've already gotten a dollars worth out of this. Smoothing out into a little of a Vegueros like grassiness in a medium body. Decent amount of smoke, not too hot. Medium in complexity, flavor, and strength. I can tell there is some other stuff in here, but there is some boring Honduran tobacco too. Ok so I'm wrong. Looks like a blend of Nic, DR, and Brazil. Aged since 2003. Sometimes I think aging can be overrated. I would like to smoke one of these that didn't have seven years on it. Give me a freshie. Middle third picking up hints of that typical dominican paper/harsh/ass flavor. Not cool. Let it chill for a minute & its okay. Real fragile wrapper. Middle third coming to an end still not bad. I don't feel like I need to baby this cigar. It takes care of itself. Still a hint of nasty in the back upper part of my mouth. Mostly though its a doable decent cigar. Last third a hint of something vegetal for a couple puffs. Alright so it's not a $1 Tatuaje but its worth the price. Ok so the band comes off easy w/o taking half the wrapper w/ it. that is definitely a good thing. Getting hints of pretzels now. The fact that I'm still smoking it at this point is a good sign. Still just plugging along. Never had any draw problems. Ok so any $1 cigar that you can nub is a good deal. Ok so it's done. Definitely worth a dolla. Leaves a slightly nasty aftertaste. Typical DR. Still did I mention it was one whole dollar?

86/100
ISO Opus DCs, RdC, Perf X, #2, and Super Beli. PM if you can help! TIA.
jb is offline   Reply With Quote