Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
pauljmuk
Starting Member

Fonseca Cosacos

Nice cigar this one. Knew it would be light / medium - a daytime smoke. But read some bad things... read on though.

Beautifully presented 5", 43 ring gauge cigar. Wrapped in tissue which means nothing to me really - a bit fussy if I'm honest, but saying that - if the tissue was the reason that the medium dark wrapper was in such impeccable condition - then I say all cigars should be wrapped this way!! Beautiful oily sheen, and the minute hairs from the leaves showing (just the way I like em - very Cohiba Siglo). Faultless.

Cut and lit perfectly - early smoke was quite light - hints of green occasionally (but I like those now and again) and definite cedar and wood.

Draw was a little tight, but nothing to difficult to smoke. Volume of smoke was low, but that suited the day time "walk with the dog" smoke I was having.

Some slight pepper now and then on the tongue, then as the cigar built into last third, it was a lovely all round medium smoke. Milky coffee came through, and a wonderful aroma throughout.

I must say, for a cigar I've read bad things about - I was throroughly impressed - will be buying a box now - perfect daytime smoke. Good price.

This one was young - bought as a single, but I'm assuming straight off the boat.