Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2006, 07:08 AM   #28
Rebgen

I smoked my first one (the big torp) a month ago. A friend of mine gifted it to me during one of our mini-herfs.

I'm not much on reviews so I don't have a lot of specifics to share, but I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. First of all it's a real brute and requires a substantial time commitment to smoke. The burn was even and straight with no touch ups requiured. Construction was excellent and the wrapper was beautiful and had a nice oily sheen to it. Draw was perfect.

After the light I was able to draw huge volumes of smoke. The taste profile was right up my alley. Full body and strength from the start. Even though I'm primarily a Honduran ho, I really enjoyed this Nicaraugan filler cigar. It had that earthy, full flavor I've come to prefer. It definitely wasn't a one-dimensional cigar....lot's of depth.

The only thing that will keep me from going out and buying more for myself is the high price tag. I believe this one had a sticker price of 13.99. Great cigar but not THAT great.
Rebgen is offline   Reply With Quote