Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
dwhale69

This is the final review of 4 unbanded cigars traded between myself and sevenmag.

Before I get to it, I would encourage anyone who has never done this to give it a try. There is something enjoyable about smoking a cigar, not letting any 'brand bias' get in the way, and deciding the difference between the good, bad and great!

And away we go...

The final cigar (#4), was a medium brown and petit corona in size (5 x 42), a size that I rarely smoke. The appearance was good, with very little veining, an excellent cap (looked tripple capped to me) and moderate tooth. The only thing keeping the appearance 'top notch' was that it was slightly bumpy.

Cut cleanly and the prelight aroma was fairly straitforward with a moderately tight draw.

Lit this baby up and was smacked with some strong, flavorful smoke that made my nose tingle. The draw was a bit tight, but wasn't distracting in any way. After the first 1/2 inch, it mellowed out into a full tobacco flavor with a cedar aroma.

The ash was dark gray/black that held on for about 1 1/2 inches and was very firm. Burn was almost dead on, requiring only one minor correction.

Half way down, it started to get a liitle 'hot' on my tounge and was slightly bitter. But this passed quickly and settled back down into a truly enjoyable full flavored firecracker. I smoked it down to the last inch, and wasn't at all pleased that I had to put it down.

Overall, a truly enjoyable cigar that I would reccomend. 4 of 5 thumbs

If I were to guess... maybe it was a Bolivar Habana Petit Corona. If this wasn't an ISOM, it should be.

Thanks for letting me play, Todd. Lets do it again sometime.
dwhale69 is offline   Reply With Quote