Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2002, 12:54 AM   #1
Thairlar
Club Member

Because TOJE suggested it, I decided to do a full blown informal review of my first Criollo.

I took this tissue wrapped cigar, peeled off the ribbon holding the tissue paper to expose a nice looking medium brown wrapper.

The construction seemed good, no soft spots or defects were detected. I examined the cap and clipped on a bias since it was a torp.

Pre-light aroma was pleasing and the pre-light draw was perfect. Not too tight and not too loose.

It lit well. The initial taste was woody with a cherry-like sweetness in the aftertaste. Throughout the first third it seemed like those two flavors merged more and more. Some spiciness emerged in the second third, complimenting the other flavors very well. Toward the end the sweetness seemed to disappear which was somewhat disappointing.

The ash was light gray with black marbling. The burn was pretty good, with only a couple corrections needed which is somewhat normal for me.

All in all, a damn good smoke. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a box when I get a chance.

It reminds me in some ways of a LL Java Reserve in the taste, and that was one of my favorite go to smokes until I couldn't get my hands on 'em anymore.