Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Smokin_VI
Herf Meister

Camacho Triple Maduro

Received a couple in the mail from Angel last week. Sparked one on Sunday.........

4.5 X 50 beauty. Smells nice and earthy/barnyard-y right out of the cello. This thing is so new it doesn't even have a band. Dark, smooth wrapper with the darkest filler tobaccos I've ever seen. I've seen dark "streaks" or "swirls" in the foot of other smokes before, but this is the entire fill. The cigar is so firmly rolled I was most pleasantly surprised at the PERFECT draw of this thing. No lip tingles from this one, but a very nice rich, sweet tobacco flavor before adding fire.

After sparking, this beauty burned like a champ. Still not much in the way of tingle on the lips (for reference, smoke a coyolar-hooo boy) but there is some mid-tongue. The flavor is smoooooooth, rich, but NOT strong. If you're looking for a powerhouse, this AIN'T it. If you're looking for rich and complex, spark one up.

The ash was very firm, medium grey and held on with tenacity. I have no clue how Christian was able to blend all this thick, maduro leaf into a cigar that will burn as well as this one does with no bitterness or harshness. I understand these will be very limited in production, so if you get a chance to pick one up, do so.
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.--Winston Churchill
Smokin_VI is offline   Reply With Quote