Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

La Carolina

I go back a long way with this cigar.
I have to admit, the old Cupido logo caught my eye ten years ago when I first started reading cA, Smoke and all the guidebooks. I saw it got great reviews, and whenever we'd go to the French Quarter I'd grab one from the only shop in New Orleans that sold them.

Once I joined CW, quite a few people included them in bombs, and prize packs for me.

I was disappointed to see them go, but I was heartened that Cuban Crafters purchased the blend. So I had a few a couple years ago and enjoyed them. The last time I had one, it was on September 7th, 2005. It's the only cigar I've ever smoked inside my house. Power had not been restored yet, after Katrina, but we were allowed in during daylight hours, so we drove in to check our home, get more clothes, and clean up a bit.

We began to clean out the refrigerator which had also been off since August 29th. We had no other recourse to beat the stench, so K. says....."Light a cigar, PLEASE." It helped a bit, as we carried all this rotted food out to the curb.

Had my last one tonight, it has at least two years of age on it. It wasn't as earthy as I remember the Cupidos, but damn if it wasn't really good. I don't normally smoke Churchills, but I had it out to smoke, so I did. The flavor was rather complex, with a fruity note here and there, but not overwhelming. Well, I took the band off, and all of a sudden, after an hour and a half, this thing is kicking my ass.

I'm getting an itch to buy a box or two of cigars, but money's tight. I had some other things on my list to purchase first (Lot 23, Perdomo Habano) among them. Now, I think these are going to challenge for a spot on the list.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
hockeymaniac
Herf Meister

Cuban Crafters does make some nice cigars. The Beck cigars are also nice.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."
hockeymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
DKPRLP

La Carolina's are great cigars
Lil Brown has great prices on them the last 2 boxes I got were dated 2005
Shipping is an issue though
DKPRLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

What prices!!!!!
Coronas for $48.15 and Torpitos for $53.15

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
samiam2
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
What prices!!!!!
Coronas for $48.15 and Torpitos for $53.15
Are these the same cigar as what Cubancrafters has listed
Old 10-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Seems to be. The vitola names are the same, right down to the Torpito

Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Quite a coincidence Tommy. I've only a few La Carolina Toros left from a box split with BOTL rcarms and I smoked one last night. First one I've had in many, many months. I really enjoy them. I also have ONE Cupido in a lonsdale size that's been in the humi for a long time. Once in a while I'll pick it for a whiff and a fondle then put it right back. One of these days!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
gary106334

After reading your comments on them I ordered a sampler from Cuban Crafters. Hope they are as good as they sound.
gary106334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Everyone is different, Gary. Hope they do it for you.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #10
jpags

I buy them all the time. Nobody beats Lil Browns prices on them. It's amazing they sell them cheaper then Cuban Crafters.

Pags
jpags is offline   Reply With Quote