Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2018, 06:47 AM   #7
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I cooked the pilaf in a non stick medium heavy saute pan with a lid. Melt butter, sweat red pepper and onion with salt and white pepper, the add rice, stir, then when your have the grains all coated and maybe a little toasted add the stock/water/liquid (I used 80% stock and 20% wine), add a may leaf and a little saffron, then into a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes. I kept it on a low flame for 15 minutes to help crisp the bottom (sort of the Persian method for pilaf kind of). When I do this again I will do it all stove top.

Chef Eddie Lee has a recipe for braised Carolina rice with bacon that sounds great.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...na-rice-355549

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote