Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Heritage 1492 Nicaragua

"The Heritage 1492 Nicaragua from Global Marketing and Distribution (GMD) made by Oliva has an Ecuadorean Habano wrapper, Ecuadorean Sumatra binder and Nicaraguan Habano filler tobaccos."

It is said to be a full bodied stick but I would say it sits comfortably in the medium realm with a slight leaning toward heavy....a morning stick for me.

The cigar is a dark brown wrapper. Not too firm it clipped easily enough and had a very easy initial draw.

The draw was smooth with an enjoyable amount of smoke.

It has subtle flavors that paired nicely with the coffee I was having.

The burn of the cigar was uneventful the ash held for about a half to three-quarter of an inch.

This is a very pleasant cigar and very much in line with the fine cigars coming out of Nicaragua.

A nice addition to anyone's humidor.

--Dan

Two friends and BOTL also smoked one; their comments:

On a 1 to 5 scale I would rate this smoke a 4. Very flavorful, smooth and comforting. I just finished my yard work and it's somewhat humid today, which could lead to the 4.

My only compliant would be that it ‎burns a little too fast.

However, recognizing that everyone has a different levels taste it's a great smoke.

It would be a great addition to anyone's inventory.

John

Good smoke. Good taste, good spice, about an hour smoke. Worthy of a $12 cigar.

Steve

jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote