Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #1
kosmen

VR Unicos

This one's gonna be short and sweet.

VR Unicos:
Cuban. (Stored in cabinet humidor 70deg/65RH)

Saturday 01/17/08: Start: 11:40 PM Finnish: 12:45 PM

Food:
Appetizer: Mussels in a white wine sauce;
Soup: Minestrone;
Main course: Lasagna with 4 cheese & chicken.
Desert: Tiramisu

Drink: Zaya 12 y/o rum

Pre light aroma: This cigar was earthy with a ever so light floral bouquet.

Construction: This cigar appeared to be in great condition. It held an even milk chocolate color. It gave to the touch and was not spongy.

Pre Light: I made a clean cut with my Xikar cigar. I took a pre light draw and tasted coco and hints of leather.

Light: I used my new Blazer torch lighter and toasted the foot. It lit perfectly.

Taste: The initial draw produced earth and leather. It was clean and had plenty of smoke. The first 2/3 of the cigar was for the most part the same profile. It was earthy with leather and hints of dark chocolate. It had the smallest suggestion of sweetness and was balanced very well with the choice of rum. The last third of the stick picked up a little steam but never was overpowering. I smoked it to the nub and it was pleasant all the way to the end. It left no residual unpleasant aftertaste and was perfectly clean.

Synopsis: I enjoyed this stick quite a bit. VR are a stick unto themselves. To my knowledge there is not another torpedo that compares. If a BBF and a Dip #2 had a child it would be the VR Unicos. What a tasty smoke and a great day!

Kosmen