Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Broken

Brickhouse Cigars

At my local B&M I occasionally stop at they had a sign up that said the people from Brickhouse cigars would be there last week with a lunch buffet and free cigars. These were about $110/Box at the shop.

This is a JC Newman product and I found out not so new, but new to the shop and new to me. I was interested enough to try them considering I can always use another daily type cigar for under $4 so I stopped in. I wasn't expecting much, and it's probably a good thing.

Being a sales manager I certainly know the value of representing and promoting your brand so when you offer "Free cigars" (though they never said samples) and offer a "Free Lunch Buffet" I have to say I was expecting more than a guy in the back of the shop microwaving hot dogs for the "Free Buffet". I was equally disappointed to find out the "Free Cigar" was only free if you bought three to start with.

I should have left right then, but mostly to not insult the shop owner (who I like and I am sure was equally surprised by this) I did buy three and got my "free" one and home I went.

I didn't get to try one until last night and I was probably a little bias going in based on the experience at the B&M:

Construction is solid enough and it cut clean with my Xikar, not much of a pleasant aroma when I toasted it and the first few puffs were almost bitter with only a hint of decent taste. These were advertised as medium to full flavor and I would say they were medium at best.

About an inch in nothing really changed, still a bit harsh with no noticeable flavor to fall back on other than a slight syrup taste. I figured it had to get better and since the burn was consistent and the draw solid I toughed it out.

Halfway through it was not getting any better and decided to cut my losses right there. Many of you probably tried these and I would be interested to hear what you have to say, but I'll be aging/ignoring the other three in the bottom of the humidor for a while.

Proud member of the 2007 Robusto 8
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
bluto

Microwaved hotdogs---too much!! I bought a box of brickhouse cigars one year ago after trying 3 sticks. I found them to be well constructed, medium in strength/flavor profile, priced to be a good value. I would throw your sticks into the ol' humidor and try them after you've long forgotten about your experience at the cigar shop!
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
SmoKerch
Herf God

What? They didn't have notes of "mustard, onion, and relish"?

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Harleyrider
Club Member

Yeah, I tried one. I usually try to smoke at least a couple of samples of a given cigar before forming an opinion in order to allow for variation between sticks, but I decided to leave my Brickhouse experience at one.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
krazymatt
Starting Member

I happened to pick one up while on vacation last week and I thought it was a decent smoke for 5bucks.
krazymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
CSMAnderson
Herf God

I've gone through a box of the Brickhose tor size and never encounter a harsh or bad tasting cigar. I like the Brickhouse more than some more expensive cigars out there.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
raj

I think they are a solid, nice tasting smoke. Not full bodied, more like medium bodied. Very pleasant taste and draw was good. Not a WOW! smoke, but solid. One that I would smoke again for $4 -5.
raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #8
addae
Starting Member

only one
addae is offline   Reply With Quote