Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

AJ Fernandez New World Puro Especial Robusto

This is a new blend of an old favorite. A rich dark wrapper with only minor veins that smells heavily of cocoa, with more of the same from the foot. The bunch is firm and the cold draw is good.

Good smooth smoke with a good amount of black pepper on the retrohale. Firm light grey ash and an even burn. So far this is definitely a very pleasant experience.

Ash fell off just past the first inch (fortunately not in my lap). The cigar and the coffee are matching extremely well (can't beat a cup of fresh roasted torquino).

At one third the pepper has settled and a nice lingering bittersweet flavor has developed. The cocoa notes are very subtle but add nicely to the profile. I would call this a medium+ bodied smoke with medium flavor.

After 2/3 the pepper notes return in the retrohale and the overall blend has really come together with notes of cocoa and coffee. I always start a cigar expecting the best and this one has definitely not let me down. The burn has remained even throughout with a nice conical burn.

Approaching the final inch the ash fell off again, this time nailing my shirt. Not that big of a deal, but the ash could have been firmer. Still, this is a very good cigar with a great complexity of flavors. 9/10, Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? ̃ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote