Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2002, 04:56 PM   #1
DigitalGuy
Club Member

I recently had the opportunity to purchase a few of these cigars, and thought a post describing this cigar might help others decide if they would like to try this tasty smoke.

This cigar has a presentation that is simply phenomenal. The cigar itself is a figurado - tapering at both ends - the same size and shape as the regular Preferido #2. I was mistaken in my original concept of this cigar. I thought that I had read that it was a maduro, but it is not. This cigar and the regular #2 are indistinguishable from each other when placed side by side - except for the band and the tube. And, it is the tube that is interesting about this cigar - it is shaped like the cigar - tapered at both ends. It opens in the center. The tube is a glossy silver colored metal, that shows fine design, and gives one an expectation of a premium product.

As just mentioned, the cigar itself is the same shape and size as the regular Preferido #2. It has the same color wrapper, and the same high quality construction.

I found a time to smoke this when I was alone, relaxed and had plenty of time to thoroughly enjoy this camaroon beauty. The experience was wonderful, but not different than smoking the regular #2. The taste profile is virtually identical. If there is a difference in taste, this one may be slightly more subtle in the leathery, camaroon flavors, with a bit more spice. But, I'm really not 100 percent sure of this - as it really tasted like I was smoking the same #2 that I had the previous day. The draw was perfect, the construction could not have been better, the taste superb - but this is also true of the entire Preferido line.

So, what is DigitalGuys final answer? This is a wonderful cigar, but the tube isn't worth the $6 extra. And, except for the tube, there was no significant difference between this and the Preferido #2. If you want a tube that looks cool, buy one, then return to the non-Platinum line when you want a great cigar with this flavor profile.

George