Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2002, 07:45 AM   #1
MetsFan
Herf God

Last night a decided to smoke a Bahia Gold Robust in natural at a going-away party for a co-worker at a local drinking establishment. The beverage of choice was a Founders Pale Ale (a local brewery) with a pleasant hop bite.

Visual inspection of the cigar showed a very nice roll. Wrapper was smooth with a well-applied cap. There was a distinct "flattening" of the cigar from the pressing. It wasn't as extreme as the CAO tongue depressers but enough to make you hold it a certain way to smoke (I hate that).

I clipped the head with my new Swiss Army Knife (I'm sold, what a cut!) and took a test draw. Pre-light draw didn't tell much other than the draw would be very easy. I lit it with my trusty Blazer and proceded to smoke it.

Burn was pretty even and only needed one minor correction. Due to the easy draw, I had to be very careful with this cigar as to not let it get too hot.

Supposedly this cigar was from a box made in 1998. That means it was 3+ years old. For a cigar with such age, it was pretty uneventful. Strength was mild and body was medium. The flavors that were exhibited were fairly one-dimmensional. It wasn't a bad cigar, it just didn't leave me thinking, "I can't wait to smoke another one of these". I think some of it had to do with the beer. I don't think the hoppy pale ale complemented the cigar.

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote