Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

1903 English Silver Pipe

I've been selling off my pipe collection on eBay to keep myself in cigar money. I'm pretty deep into it and I'm down to pipes I really like and want too much money for. That is, they probably won't sell for the money I want for them. I'll hang onto them until the market improves a bit.
So I decided to start buying antique pipes again with the intent to restore and flip them. The return is pretty good on the right pipes.
Anyway, this is the first one I bought. It turned out so good that I think I'll keep it for a bit and maybe smoke it a few times before cleaning it up again and selling it. I thought I'd share a pic.
I bought this from an English seller. It isn't branded, which makes it a bit less desirable. It has the initials L.B.S. which might be an owner or a shop mark. The briar is pretty much perfect. Not sure what the stem is. The English had their own way of doing stems. The Birmingham silver is hallmarked 1903.

xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote