Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2017, 10:55 PM   #1
bigipps

Casa Magna Colorado - Pikito

Up for review tonight is the Casa Magna Colorado - Pikito.

This is a 4.75 x 42 ring cigar, which I would have put in the corona category until I saw that the full line includes a corona size (6 x 46). The Pikito comes in boxes of 55 and looks like you can get them online for around $3 per cigar. The one I got from the local B&M looks to have a little age on it.

The cigar is a Nicaraguan puro cigar, with the wrapper, binder, and filler all consisting of Nicaraguan tobacco. The wrapper is dark with small veins and the seam slightly visible.

Pre-light draw is good and I get a bit of sweet tobacco.

In the first third, I'm enjoying a reasonable amount of smoke, probably the amount to expect from a 42 ring cigar. I don't get a noticeable spice on the draw, but there is a bit in the aftertaste, which is not unpleasant. It is listed in the medium-full category, but I'd put it closer to medium. The ash is a mottled grey and white and fell off at maybe an inch when I set it down.

The second third picks up a little steam and I get more spice and body in the smoke. So far, I'm enjoying the smoke. It isn't mind blowing or incredibly complex, but I'd be happy to smoke this maybe sometime where I'm not focusing all of my attention on what I'm smoking.

The third third keeps up with the second, maintaining a bit of spice. I have kept a leisurely pace, but it lasted more than an hour.

Overall, a pretty solid smoke. I'll probably keep an eye out a sale on these, though probably a different size.

Last edited by bigipps; 12-28-2017 at 11:02 PM.
bigipps is offline   Reply With Quote