Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
bsslack
Herf Meister

Tatuaje Cojonu- 2003

I've been Lookin forward to this....

Cigar: Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

Size: Toro 6 1/2 x 52

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero

Band: Brown/White Tatuaje band with an additional Black and Gold (Go Mustangs!) band below with the Cojonu 2003 embossed moniker.

Source: Part of an Generous Bomb by rdking. (Thanks Mark!)

Pairing: My old Friend Dewar's 12 YO Scotch.

The Approach: This is a Cigar that I've been eyeballing since it arrived in my top box. The Wrapper is a velvety smooth, Milk Chocolate hued Beauty. The barrel is kinda spongy, but it seems uniformly filled.
It sports a very cleanly executed Triple Cap. One shallow Guillotine cut and the draw is almost too light.

As far as Toro's go this is a big Puppy, almost a Churchill.

Prelight is clear with light Tobacco hints, a super light draw.

I use my gun metal Lotus triple-flame table lighter to carefully ignite this Lovely cigar. The light draw brought Her online instantly.

What a onslaught of Flavors!

This Baby is Fully Loaded with Spice!

I was thinking that this might be mellowed, being an 2003. I have had a couple of the 2006's and Those were a Handful! (note: the 2006's are a different size. smaller)

So, is this one. (a handfull) Loads of Woodie spice that runs straight to the back of My throat and is using My epiglottis as a speed bag!

One half an inch in the burn is off, however I suspect the culprit is my shallow clip. i was hesitant to open it up completely as the draw is still very light.

Even so, I'm a Full Flavor Smoker and This Baby is a Full Power Smoke!

I go ahead and open up the head, still not a full diameter cut. Then I even up the coal and draw Deep.......Wow!

This is One Heavy Hitter! The good news is, that it's not Harsh and I do detect a few variances in the flavors. You won't hear words like subtlety, nuanced or A Hint of, Anything in this review! !

This is In Yer Face Ceegar Smokin!

Ash is grey/white and flaky. Strong Leather, Pepper spice ( more PEPPER than spice ) with a slight metallic taste that makes Your mouth water.

Since the second clip the burn is right on. Man, am I glad I ate before I smoked this Monster!

Well, I freely admit that I chose an ill suited libation for this Vitola. I shoulda gone with the Glenfiddich SR. Ya need a bolder companion for this Full House smoke.

I was also kinda worried about my choice of snack, before I had this one. I had spicy Pepperoni and Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar on water crackers with a dab of Peppercorn dressing on each. I was worried that it might leave this smoke tasting tame in comparison...........No Problem There.

after 1.5 inches it seems to have stabilized in flavor and burn. It's smoking cool for being the Firecracker it is on the Palate.

My thounge isth numb.

I clipth ith again.

This is the type of cigar that is Perfect for a slow setting and slow sipping. At the regular pace in a cigar Bar or during an event of some kind with distractions, One might not enjoy it fully.
I'm liking the plentiful Flavor and Power, that it delivers.

After 2 inches I cleanly remove both bands, with zero wrapper damage.

Well what do You know, The Power level drops to reveal other flavors.
The flavor has developed to a stronger metallic taste and my whole mouth is tingling with....................Copper, Cool!

Smoke has been Plentiful on the draw and minimal at rest.

Who knew that rich smoke and pennies were complimentary profiles in the mouth?

The burn varies a bit requiring several minor adjustments.( my only complaint)

The Flavor Express just Keeps on rollin.

What a Great smoke! This has been one of the most complete Tat's that I have ever had and I've had more than a few Good Ones. These are not cheap, but it's Delivered Plenty!

The copper profile fades to leave a very nice balance of Leather and White Pepper.

At three inches left I'm at almost two hours. Smoke this Baby slow, the reward is in Flavor.

I had wondered what effect the Ligero Wrapper would have on flavor. I do not recall another smoke that has one. I wonder are there any others?
I too wondered how it would hold up, during the smoke, but I've seen no tears or rips. Even when I botched a clip.

The pepper is fading slightly into a earthy Loam with just a slight bite on the tongue. I thought I might be getting oil at the back-end, because of the power that this cigar delivers, but none yet.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this Powerhouse to a new or mild cigar smoker, but for those Full Flavor Fanatics it's a Must Try!

Pepper, Power and Performance That covers this Pepper Bomb to a "P"!

The proverbial Energizer Bunny, it's still going and going.

Special Thanks to My Good Friend Mark, for turning me onto this Monster!

As I casually gaze over to it's final resting place in the tray I think.........

...............................................Wha t a Great way to spend a Slow Tuesday Evening.

Cheers!

slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote